A rapidly growing real estate investment firm is looking for a driven, results-oriented Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Technician is generally responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor in completing tasks to ensure that all apartments, equipment, and amenities are maintained in good working order. The Maintenance Technician also prepares vacant apartments for new residents. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor (or Community Manager if community is not staffed with a Maintenance Supervisor).
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Preparing apartments for new residents by performing maintenance, painting, and cleaning within the time frames established by the community.
- Participating in maintaining community appearance.
- Responding to resident requests for maintenance, troubleshooting problems and taking action to resolve maintenance issues.
- Regularly scheduled to respond to emergency maintenance requests after hours.
- Performing routine maintenance on community equipment, pools, amenities, office equipment, and tools as necessary to ensure all is in proper working order.
- Participating in safety inspections.
- Assisting the Maintenance Supervisor with the community maintenance programs, including any Operations and Maintenance Plans established for the property.
- Participating in all mandatory training programs.
- May be required to assist at other Rincon properties as requested.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Ability and skills to perform maintenance in any or all of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry, painting, pool maintenance & cleaning, carpet repair & replacement, roofing, furnace, and air conditioning repair.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take on call duty for emergencies.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience:
- HVAC Certification Preferred
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or additional equivalent
- Prior maintenance experience working in the multifamily industry preferred.
Pre-employment drug and background screen required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rincon Partners is a rapidly growing vertically integrated multi-family investment company. Since its inception in 2015, the Company has acquired twenty-one multifamily properties and two self-storage developments, with project values totaling over $500 million, located in Phoenix, Tucson, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Atlanta, and Charlotte MSAs and expects its growth to accelerate over the next several years. Rincon’s investment strategy focuses on moderately sized, value-add and core-plus properties predominately located in the Southwestern and Southeastern United States.
Rincon’s principals have over 60 years of experience in acquiring, developing, financing, managing, and selling commercial real estate across multiple asset classes, with over $18 billion of real estate acquired and managed over their careers.